Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sandwiches--not again!!!


We had BLTs for Sunday night supper a few weeks ago. Actually, they were something more like BATTS, as we had bacon, arugula, turkey, tomatoes(and cheese). But I couldn't very well say we had BAT sandwiches could I?

It had been a long, hot day and we just didn't want to heat up the kitchen too much.

The strange thing to me is just how much FUN sandwiches can be when everyone is relaxed and there is a selection of breads, toppings, and CHIPS to be had--even ON the sandwich! :)


I cook my bacon on jelly roll pans on high broil in the oven; doesn't take long. Those who like it extra crispy can stick a strip in the microwave for a few seconds between paper towel layers.

The boy had turkey toasted with bbq and cheese, bacon on the side, please.




No one complained about "sandwiches, again????" this particular time.


It was blessed.

 

:)

1 comment:

Allison said...

I'll have the crispy bacon please!! They do look yummo!!